Sunday, November 17, 2013

Recommended Core Collection Is Here!

Are you starting to develop your graphic novel collection? Wondering why circs are down? Maybe you just need a few new titles but have no idea what to add.

Allow me to present my Recommended Core Collection page on this blog. This page is going to be a list of all the graphic novels I've seen stand the test of time and are referenced again and again. In time, I hope to equally represent heroes and authors with the best works. When I have a review available, there will be a link to my review. Eventually, I hope to add recommended age tags to the titles.

Don't have a lot of money? No problem. Look for the ones with the *. These are ones I think a library absolutely cannot live without.

Check out what is there now. Do you have some of these all ready? See a few classic GN authors you missed?

Enjoy!

Side note: This list is, at the moment, DC heavy. I know. DC sent out this great Essentials catalog a few months back and they really knew which of their titles have stood the test of time. I used it to add new titles to my collection recently. I'll talk about that soon (I hope and assuming I can find my home copy). Also, full disclosure, I tend toward DC more than Marvel. Manga will be updated in due time. I know a few titles all ready that are cornerstones, but I have to really look at what was a cornerstone when I was a teen and now (some overlap exists). Manga generally goes regardless of the title, but there are a few titles you should really have.

No comments:

Post a Comment