Thursday, March 21, 2013

An Interesting Marketing Thing

In the age of webcomics, to have a book that is going to be published all ready, but is uploaded like a webcomic is pretty neat. Basically, for some reason I was Googling Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong, the graphic novel, which I'm currently reading the ARC of. The first result was this: Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong, the website. Basically, until the book is published, a page will be updated weekly. It is kinda, sorta, similar to Erstwhile and Red String and some other webcomics I read with an overarching plot, but updated weekly. Erstwhile was all ready published in the beginning (and generally, I get the impression the stories are done when they start uploading them) and Red String is an online manga that the author is working on all along.

The only downside to this is that the free version will probably disappear eventually (as what happened to Friends With Boys), which is a shame. I like my webcomics and until I can get my hands on the book, rereading it online will have to do (and I don't get many of those because I do not have extra cash for books).

Debate anyone? Thoughts? Either way, if you want to preview it, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment