Monday, December 28, 2009

Still Here

I had to put off posting for a while as I had to determine my username for here and for work (wanted them separate). It was possible I was going to have to change this one. Luckly enough, I figured out a new username for there to keep the one here. YAY.

In other news, I'm progressing SLOWLY through Love*Com. Why did I agree to read this one? I mean, I saw a review in passing, started reading it and to me, it's a little better than a soap but he's yanking her around way to much to make me happy. She was sure, confident and then fell in love and is all weak and whiney. UGH. At least volume 7 shows some progress which makes me wonder what volume 8 looks like. Unforutnately, the next batch I'm reviewing is Love*Com 4-7. It is surprisingly clean though and perfect for the teen angst/drama club (I can't stop reading for the drama. The Philsopher Musician is surprised I'm still reading it).

I really have to point you to this post (a good friend of mine). When in doubt about graphic novels, all I can say is read them. Unless you know someone like me who will grab a copy of League [of Extraordinary Gentleman] and say "Oh, here's a naughty bit, oh and this one, and this one..." and show them to you because I've read it. Although, I don't remember the implied stuff like in Wish (which I'll have to re-read).

No comments:

Post a Comment